Hello,

Can anyone advise me please. I need to oil the inner cable on my speedo. drive. I have read on the forum that once the cable has been removed from the speedo, the inner cable can then be drawn out for greasing. I've removed the speedo connection but the inner cable won't budge. Even pulling on the square drive end with pliers, it won't slide out. How much force is needed? I've also removed the rubber boot from the side of the transmissiion tunnel....but....can't get my fingers through the hole in the tunnel to access the knurled fixing at the gearbox end. Hence my hope that the speedo. end will pull out.

Thanks,

Scott

If you try to remove the knurled nut at the lower end, I suggest you use a set of long-nose pliers and do the rotation in many small steps till it starts to turn. Then, soon after that, you can get it off providing the two fingers you are using are long and not too pudgy. Then the square end should be easy to pull out and push back in. If it's hard to push back in, you will need to pull the inner cable all the way out and use your bench grinder (use the flat sideof the stone) to reduce the dimensions across the flats of the square end - till it slides back in easily. You may have to do the same at the top end where the square end slides into the speedometer fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Can anyone advise me please. I need to oil the inner cable on my speedo. drive. I have read on the forum that once the cable has been removed from the speedo, the inner cable can then be drawn out for greasing. I've removed the speedo connection but the inner cable won't budge. Even pulling on the square drive end with pliers, it won't slide out. How much force is needed? I've also removed the rubber boot from the side of the transmissiion tunnel....but....can't get my fingers through the hole in the tunnel to access the knurled fixing at the gearbox end. Hence my hope that the speedo. end will pull out.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Watch Kick-Ass Online Free

Edited by Sharon K