brake pressure failure switch

Hi everyone,

After bleeding my brakes today I went to re-fit the brake pressure failure switch into the master cylinder and (like an idiot) overtightened it in my rush to finish the job. The thing snapped and left the plastic thread in the master cylinder. My questions are, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get it out to put a new switch in without removing the whole master cylinder? Or if I took it to a garage who could put it up on a ramp and access from underneath, do you think they may be able to do it?

Secondly, I started the engine after to drive it back into the garage. The switch doesn't hold anything in place that may now be affected does it? I know there is an hourglass shaped float type-thing in there but that can't really go anywhere right?

Lastly, if I do have to remove the master cylinder and therefore were to wait until after the summer to replace it, will it fail the upcoming MOT as a result?

Sorry if any of these questions appear a bit pathetic (I am definately in the 'learning' category of mechanics) or a senseless attempt to avoid work (I have hurt my hand quite badly and can't really do any serious mechanical work at the moment).

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alex