Sir John's Son's Book

Hey Guys,

I have contacted TRR and asked them, and, while waiting for their reply, I decided to run it by you.

Last summer, John Macartney, on his jaunt thru the USA and Canada, indicated that John Black's son was writing a biography on his father. Even allowing for his obvious bias, that would be very interesting reading. After reading all of Robson's and Piggott's writings (that I could afford), I am a John Black "nut," and would like to know more about him and his management of S-T.

Any word on the book would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Never fear, spring is on its way.

Hi George,

Recently I received a mail from Nick Black, the author of the book you've mentioned. Nick was really disappointed about publishing of his book, the writing is finished but due to some "difficulties" with his present publisher/printer we all have to have some patience I'm afraid. But it is still in the pipeline so I have been told by Nick !

Hi George,

Recently I received a mail from Nick Black, the author of the book you've mentioned. Nick was really disappointed about publishing of his book, the writing is finished but due to some "difficulties" with his present publisher/printer we all have to have some patience I'm afraid. But it is still in the pipeline so I have been told by Nick !

Same here! I asked Tricia Knowles, of the TR Register, if she could find out about the book. Lo and behold, I get an email from Nick the next day. We have conversed for a few days. I sent him the film of the Jabbeke run that he was not aware of. As you know, Sir John, his Dad, has a small speaking role at the beginning of the tape. Note, if you do watch the tape (YouTube), you have to sit thru nearly 2 minutes of German language, then it shows the various speed runs and gives the statistics. The audio and video are scratchy, at best, but they are better than nothing. The film ends with the 50th reunion of the Jabbeke run (thus the German language, it was a German film.)

Of course, the amazing thing about the runs is that he got 103 mph on ONLY THREE SPARK PLUGS!!!

God bless the Internet!