Front Suspension Rebuild Question

Good afternoon from foggy Sacramento, CA.

I am reassembling my front suspension after many hours at the parts washer, cleaning up some very nasty and very old grease and grime. I am using the TRF "magic kit" with poly bushings. The parts I removed and cleaned appear to be in pretty good shape; however, I am curious if I need to purchase brass/bronze bushings for the lower front wishbones and replace the outer bushings. The Moss catalog shows these items as press fit and "ream to fit". I could take my lower wishbones to a shop and have this done if it is essential. How would I test my existing wishbones with new lower trunion to see if the fit is acceptable? This is my first suspension rebuild so I'm not that experienced.

On another issue, I also note some corrosion on the machined portions of the upper fulcrum pin and lower fulcrum pins. Because these are bushed with poly (at top) and nylon (at bottom), can I just clean this up with very fine wet sandpaper and reassemble. There does not appear to be noticeable wear on the upper fulcrum pin.

Any thoughts or tips on suspension reassembly are much appreciated. If I could figure out how to remove the photos I've already posted on this forum, I could provide some new photos for your critical eyes. I have reached my limit of 500 KB.

Best wishes,

Pat Galvin

Sacramento, CA