Hi all

I need to get a new Battery for the Warwick - I guess this is the same as a TR3a?

The car is running a dynamo so I would like to get a heavyweight battery and top it up with a conditioner when the car is in the garage so I can run an electric fan - will this be ok or do I really need to go to a Dynalite?

The current battery is a Varta D19 which is a 60AH 280A battery.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Cheers

Joe

Hi Joe,

yes, Jeff will get you a thumping great Yuasa for a remarkably reasonable rate. The 075 I bought earlier in the year is more than adequate for churning the TR8 Drag Car, 4 litres of V8 at 12:1 compression ratio.

Check this link and open Professional, you can then see from dimensions what's the biggest beggar that will fit the available space. Hopefully something like an 069 or 072, you can run for a long time on one of those with a dead dynamo !!

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Joe,

Ladas were built for Russian winters, they didn't skimp on batteries - standard fitment was an 069 or 072 battery . . . . now what did I suggest in my previous post ? :D

Retail from the likes of Halfrauds will be £90-100 for a standard quality 069/072, you ought to be able to get one for rather less than that . . . .

Cheers,

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

Regardless of application, I use the no-maintenance batteries. It is nice not having to check water levels and keep them maintained. And, of course, with a TR3, there is no spillage and rotting out of the battery box, like my first TR3. It was a 1958, I got it in 1961, and the battery box had already rotted out and dripped acid down onto the carpet on the passsenger side of the tranny tunnel, and eaten it up. I sometimes wonder if the PO even knew he had a problem, because no effort was made to repair or prevent further damage.

Good luck. Are you gonna get a "Lucas" decal for it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Menno

I note that in a previous thread you attached a picture of your battery. I have to change mine and I wondered if yours is a 72 AH battery. It looks like the Numax 096 which is sold here which is 72AH. I guess this is OK for a standard starter motor?

I currently have a 60AH Fiamm which needs replacing soon. It is 7 years old.

cheers

Steve