TR4 to TR4A Roof Conversion

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert my current tr4 roof (standard vinyl hood) with that of a tr4a? The overall mechanism of the tr4a roof seems a lot better (the folding and the catches on the windscreen) and I thought it would make a useful modification during my restoration. However I can't seem to be able to find anyone who has done this and was wondering if it is particularly complex? I also have not seen a tr4a roof in the flesh before so am unsure of whether i could modify my existing parts or need to buy entirely new ones.

Regards

Does anyone know if it is possible to convert my current tr4 roof (standard vinyl hood) with that of a tr4a? The overall mechanism of the tr4a roof seems a lot better (the folding and the catches on the windscreen) and I thought it would make a useful modification during my restoration. However I can't seem to be able to find anyone who has done this and was wondering if it is particularly complex? I also have not seen a tr4a roof in the flesh before so am unsure of whether i could modify my existing parts or need to buy entirely new ones.

Regards

If your 4 has the original forward deck extensions then they will need to be changed for the later type as they are waisted to account for the frame. You will also need the hood frame and header rail catches. The aluminium cappings around the rear of the cockpit will also need to be removed and captives put in the rear deck for the rear rail on the hood and you will need to buy a new hood as well. You will also need to check the mounting plates inside the "B" post as Im not sure if they will line up with the later hood frame mountings. Not insurmountable but a fairly expensive exercise.

Stuart