Oil change with oil cooler

Hi- I'm about to do an oil change & have an oil cooler fitted with the entry & exit pipes both on top. The only way I can think of removing all the old oil from it is to disconnect both pipes at the regulator(?) and blow it clear with the airline.

Does anyone know of a better,& potentially less messy, way of achieving this?

Richard

Hi- I'm about to do an oil change & have an oil cooler fitted with the entry & exit pipes both on top. The only way I can think of removing all the old oil from it is to disconnect both pipes at the regulator(?) and blow it clear with the airline.

Does anyone know of a better,& potentially less messy, way of achieving this?

Richard

Hi Richard

Nope that is the only way to do it most don't bother :o glad to see that you will

I wouldn't bother....... it will mix in, and the amount of old oil that is always left inside the engine when draining the sump doesn't seem to do much harm....does it? I expect most of us change the oil far more regularly than is really needed anyhow. For instance the pushrods down into the tappets are probably running in the same oil that was first put into the new or rebuilt engine XX years ago. Having recently had my sump off, the oil was still dripping, days later..... I got a few eyefulls when rotating the crank anyway :P

john

• 2 weeks later...