Greetings

Having had a spot of Alternator problems recently (hence not getting to Malvern in the TR :( ), I decided on Tuesday to visit my (very) friendly Auto Electrician for them to recommend a replacement. This morning is was delivered to them and so took the old unit down for them to find a suitable pulley to fit... A short time later I was fitting the shiny lump to the car...

Early this morning I took the TR for its MoT (passed no probs :D ), but with lights and wipers on the charge indicated on the ammeter was always on the discharge side... Now even at tickover it is charging - Happy days!

And all for what I consider to be a very good price - £55 +vat!!! A very worthwile 'investment' for an alternator with nearly twice the capacity of the original!

I reckon the alternator was the original one - now over 41 years young!

Brgds

Greetings

Having had a spot of Alternator problems recently (hence not getting to Malvern in the TR :( ), I decided on Tuesday to visit my (very) friendly Auto Electrician for them to recommend a replacement. This morning is was delivered to them and so took the old unit down for them to find a suitable pulley to fit... A short time later I was fitting the shiny lump to the car...

Early this morning I took the TR for its MoT (passed no probs :D ), but with lights and wipers on the charge indicated on the ammeter was always on the discharge side... Now even at tickover it is charging - Happy days!

And all for what I consider to be a very good price - £55 +vat!!! A very worthwile 'investment' for an alternator with nearly twice the capacity of the original!

I reckon the alternator was the original one - now over 41 years young!

Brgds

Hi Ian

Did the old one still use the separate regulator box?

buy the way P&G said they had a great run with the cars I chickened out rain and tents not for me :lol:

Hi Neil

Yep - the '4TR' Regulator is still there...

I took Pinky and Guy on a good little run over the Yorkshire Wolds on Tuesday afternoon - good weather as well!!! All being well I can take them onto the Yorkshire Moors tomorrow before I go back to sea again on Saturday :angry: .

Sorry I missed the Malvern meet-up..

Regards

Hi Neil

Yep - the '4TR' Regulator is still there...

I took Pinky and Guy on a good little run over the Yorkshire Wolds on Tuesday afternoon - good weather as well!!! All being well I can take them onto the Yorkshire Moors tomorrow before I go back to sea again on Saturday :angry: .

Sorry I missed the Malvern meet-up..

Regards

Have a good trip guys weather looks ok, I have to work tomorrow :(

Edited by ntc