Well be bit the bullet this weekend and drove the TR to the lake district and back. With all the problems of late I've got no confidence in the car so the wife and I thought we'd just go for it and see what happened.

Driving the car along the side of Ullswater with the roof down has even got the wife enthusiastic about the car!

It wasn't without incident though. The started packed in at our first stop, so the wife had to push start us from then on, we overheated in traffic on the M6, and I had some decent brake fade coming down the Struggle on the Kirkstone pass. Other than that we had a great time.

Only thing that really wound me up was the car wobbling at 50mph. One of my back wheels is out of balance. I've known about it for a while but I don't usually hang around at 50 so it's only for a few seconds. With the wife in the car I had to slow down and ended sitting at 50 quite alot. Can any of the Northumbria group recommend a place that can ballance wires in the North East?

So I'll be ordering a new lightweight starter and we'll be back on the road!

Paul

Great to read this positive story. I ordered (and installed) a high torque starter from TRGB. It works great: 'on the button' is the right expression here.

There's been a discussion on the forum about balancing w/wheels. Not every tire company is able to balance w/wheels correctly.

What's (imho) more interestingly though, is why the car overheats. What's the set up of your cooling system?

Menno

The cooling system is all standard, as it left the factory. Normally the gauge sits bang on 180 but yesterday it had been running at the spped limit on the motorway and the temp rose by about 10 degrees then we were stationary in the traffic for about 45 mins. It didn't boil off, just the guage was getting very high so I stopped to let it cool. We were back on our way after about 20 mins. So I'm not too concerned.

Paul

Hi Paul,

driving along the side of Ullswater with the top down is wonderful, can it get better, you bet. The Lake District is big and there are some magnificent views and B road winding through the valleys. And then there is Scotland :P:P:lol:

Roger

Can't agree more Roger,

I spent most of my childhood and teenage years in the lakes learning how to be a mountineer. I love Scotland as well but The Lakes are like my second home and I relax better there than anywhere else. Very busy at work at the moment and a visit over there is like medicine.

Paul

Hi

I went out for a drive this weekend, try and brush off a few cobwebs from the car ready for Malvern. Timings still not quite right, planning to fix that tonight.

Week after Malvern I'm off to the lakes and then Scotland (Aviemore), superb scenery, can’t wait. Just a shame the TR isn’t going, as some of the road would be good to drive :)

Ed