SEAT BELT - can you show me yours ?

Hello,

I am Gilles from France. I am a newbie in the old timer cars despite already owning some vespa (the old italian scooter brand)

I have recently bought for a 1957 TR3 that I should be able to get from the garage in less than 2 weeks.

This car does not have any seat belt and it is not necessary to install them in france but for safety driving and security of my family, I was wondering which type of seat belt to instal

There is several types which are described below :

* standard static seat belt : discreet, cheap

* vintage competition lap belt : discreet and better look than the standard one , but quite expensive

* fixed reel inertia seat belt : ??

* angle adjustable inertia seat belt : better comfort, maybe better protection but not so nice

* harness kit : nicer than angle adjustable belt, expensive

I would like to get pictures of your seat belt installed into the TR2/TR3/TR3A/TR3B

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ESTHETIC OF EACH TYPES INSTALLED, I MEAN INCLUDING THE "cockpit" and also the waste place behid the seat.

What happens for the rear seat if I install each type of seat belt...

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES are welcome !!!

Advises too...

Thank you so much in advance

Gilles from France

Hi Gilles,

I have fitted inertia seat belts from MOSS. They say in their catalogue that 'belts come with fittings' but be aware that that that assumes that anchorage points are already fitted. However having bought the EXTRA anchorage points and bolts I am very pleased with the results. If you are anywhere near Dept 87 I can show you the installation personally. If not I will try and take some photo's but at present my computer keeps coming up with an error.

Amicalement

Peterc

Hi Peterc,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I am quite far from the departement 87.

I live in departement 01 about 30 km north east from Lyon on the route to Geneva.

If you have the time to take some pictures, I will be pleased, but I am not so in a hurry...

Thank you very much again

Have a good week

Gilles

Hi Gilles,

I have fitted inertia seat belts from MOSS. They say in their catalogue that 'belts come with fittings' but be aware that that that assumes that anchorage points are already fitted. However having bought the EXTRA anchorage points and bolts I am very pleased with the results. If you are anywhere near Dept 87 I can show you the installation personally. If not I will try and take some photo's but at present my computer keeps coming up with an error.

Amicalement

Peterc