tr4 air filters

hi dudes my 62 tr4 ex us is running stomburgs the air filters are an oval shaped piece of **** with a foam inner nothing ive seen before what are my options the carb will be changed at some point to su or webers but for now and at least this year i would like to change them not bothered about original look do i just buy kn filters and if so which ones standard or the deep type will kn fit both su and stromburgs are the bolt centre the same gary

hi dudes my 62 tr4 ex us is running stomburgs the air filters are an oval shaped piece of **** with a foam inner nothing ive seen before what are my options the carb will be changed at some point to su or webers but for now and at least this year i would like to change them not bothered about original look do i just buy kn filters and if so which ones standard or the deep type will kn fit both su and stromburgs are the bolt centre the same gary

Hi Dude,

Like man, it's dead easy: no strombergs, no KN sh** filters. SU carbs and original mushroom filters withe the washable steel mesh. Original, good-looking and efficient.

Check Paul Tegler's web site for a serious opinion on "no KN stuff".

Then, it's up to you. I'm just a f*****g tourist so what do I know ?

Cheers,