TR3A bought one

Hello new to the Forum (will join club in new year hope to see you ) but have just purchased a TRA the car has Wire wheels but no Overdrive in first class condition has won a couple of club concourse awards few years back, I have also bought a Hard Top (not sure if I will ever fit it) and a A type gearbox with overdrive,& new dash switch, just having gearbox & O/D checked over by Jigsaw Racing, so what I need to know is what other parts do I need? Will the speedometer need changing, not sure if I will fit it myself or have it done as it sounds a straightforward job, I have a 2 post ramp in my garage, I last drove a tr3 in 1960 it was my first sports car the car was red with white Hardtop and registration number WOK 300, I have a picture somewhere will post if intereste after the TR i had a few other sports cars including a couple of MGAs i still have a MGA coupe and a twincam roadster, so looking forward to driving the TR thanks

If you haven't driven a TR3A for 40 years, you have to reply as to your thoughts once you get this one fit to drive. I'd love to hear how you compare it to your MGs. I have a friend who owns an MG-TD, an MGA, an MGB and then he bought a rather ratty TR3A driver. He loves it compared to his 3 MGs. Now he also has a TR4, but it's not running yet. I believe that he will prefer the sidescreen TR3A.

Looking forward to your comparison.

If you haven't driven a TR3A for 40 years, you have to reply as to your thoughts once you get this one fit to drive. I'd love to hear how you compare it to your MGs. I have a friend who owns an MG-TD, an MGA, an MGB and then he bought a rather ratty TR3A driver. He loves it compared to his 3 MGs. Now he also has a TR4, but it's not running yet. I believe that he will prefer the sidescreen TR3A.

Looking forward to your comparison

Yes me to, my one MGA twincam is fitted a 1860cc mgb engine with overdrive, and a super charger, brake servo as the twicam has disc brakes front and rear, and have to say go's very well with out all the drama of a highly tuned engine, the other twincam is a standard car with its original twincam engine the only modification is i have fitted a 5 speed gearbox ford type 9, i have not collected my TR3a yet, hope to within the next 2 weeks