Bilt Hamber Autobalm

Well, after the hype on another motoring website, I thought I would give this product a go.

All I can say is WOW! This product is fantastic.

My Royal Blue paintwork is far from concours, but I can honestly say that even from up close, the car is pretty passable for a concours entrant!

The product is by no means a miracle wax, but areas of swirls and fine scratches have virtually disappeared - even in direct sunlight.

My paintwork is cellulose, and has reacted in some areas such as the driver door and bootlid, possibly some weeks after it was resprayed - a common complaint with this paint, but somehow, this product either takes your eye of the offending areas, or somehow reduces the appearance of said reactions!

A word of caution though - follow the instructions, as I put too much product on the first panel, which turned into a right swine to remove. After this slight hiccup, things got easier.

A first class product, shine, and a very happy customer.

By the way, I have no association with this company, nor endorse their product. I just wanted to give some feedback with my own personal experience on a darker coloured car.

:wub:

[

Well, after the hype on another motoring website, I thought I would give this product a go.

All I can say is WOW! This product is fantastic.

Have you tried a product called “Imperial hand glaze” or, as I previously knew it, “Dynaglaze”? (but that name seems to have totally disappeared!). It’s a very much underrated (even unheard of!) product manufactured by 3M but which none of the high street shops seem to stock though you can get it from paint factors. It sounds like your “German” discovery has very similar properties, particularly on the darker colours as you describe! I discovered the 3M stuff many years ago through a member of the Jaguar Owners Club who used it on his Mk2 & S Type concourse trophy cars; it does tend to mark if you touch it with your fingers in the first 24 hours though.

[

Have you tried a product called “Imperial hand glaze” or, as I previously knew it, “Dynaglaze”? (but that name seems to have totally disappeared!). It’s a very much underrated (even unheard of!) product manufactured by 3M but which none of the high street shops seem to stock though you can get it from paint factors. It sounds like your “German” discovery has very similar properties, particularly on the darker colours as you describe! I discovered the 3M stuff many years ago through a member of the Jaguar Owners Club who used it on his Mk2 & S Type concourse trophy cars; it does tend to mark if you touch it with your fingers in the first 24 hours though.

I know of the polish you mentioned Richard, bust wasn't aware that Dynaglaze and Imperial are one and the same product. That too is a fantastic product on darker colours.

Another good point is the price of the Bilt Hamber, it is many times less than any equivalent, and they say outperforms most of them.

Apparently Practical Classics (or one of the classic car titles) recommend Bilt Hamber too.

My restorer eschews wax of any kind. He doesn't clearcoat either.

Not that my poor old TR would, but his produce have won Pebble Beach and Amelia Island concours events, including Best Finish. For the uninitiated these are world class competitions <_<

These are not " drivers ", obviously so perhaps it's irrelevant.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/im...15L9-6-8012.jpg