Hi All,

A friend of mine has a TR3A partly restored (around 50% I would guess from description). All parts to finish are present with even some extras. It has been in a very dry garage for several years. What kind of price could he expect & is anybody interested in taking it on?

Regards,

Monty.

Monty, The value in a Partly restored car is difficult to access without more information. Even with Pictures and a visual inspection, It is still a "Risky" decision. I learned the hard way from my MGA with an engine that was suppost to have been rebuit! Although I learned the hard way, I did learn. I Like to buy my projects from guy's that have started them and sunk money in new parts. However, with my TR3, I know "Un-do" everything that has been done and confirm that it has been done correctly. It's not hard to over tourque a bearing cap or not leave enough cleareance on the thrust bearings. These are a few of the many things that will ruin an engine quickly and require removing the engine and costing big bucks, if it can even be repaired at all!! All I can suggest to people resuming someone eleses restoration is "Trust but verify"

My 2 cents