East anglian historic road rally

Guest RJSTR4A

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bjn

Hi, I'm new here (don't even have a TR yet - anyone got a 5 suitable for road rallies, i.e. not too smart ???!!!).  I have been road rallying for a couple of years now, in fact the East Anglian in 2001 was my first rally.  It's a great rally, based at the Holiday Inn, Norwich.  IIRC, it starts on the Saturday morning, when you'd be able to see all the cars there.  It'll probably be back there in the evening before a night loop and then a gentle finish off on the Sunday morning.  'fraid I cannot make it this year.  Front runners are likely to be Terry Pickering in his extremely rapid and tidy TR3, while Len Olds in his TR4 won't be far behind.  Terry won the HERO Challenge for pre-60 cars in 2002.  Sometimes Peter Pratt comes out to play in his not-so-tidy TR2 (winner of the HERO challenge in 2001).  Take a look at www.hrcr.co.uk/roadrally and www.chelmsfordmc.co.uk.