Revington TR / TR Register Sprint & Hillclimb Championship

Hi competitors and supporters.

There are presently 29 competitors registered for this year's Championship so you are advised to enter events as early as possible to guarantee one of the places allocated to TRs. :rolleyes:

There is a saying in business that "any publicity is good publicity" and it looks like the ramblings about the proposed changes to the championship rules have spurred more people to register for 2008. Thank you everyone. :P

Unfortunately at the time of writing it looks like we will not get an invite to Loton Park due to date changes caused by the early Easter!, poor entries in previous years and sluggish action by the coordinator....but watch this space. :angry:

e-mail me if you want the latest event programme. Please remember that MIRA and Colerne do not allow spectators unles entering the venue with a competitor as a mechanic. As far as I know all other events welcome supporters; some unfortunately charge for the pleasure. <_<

See you on the Hills!

Roger McEwen

rcmcewen@lineone.net

Edited by rcmcewen

Well done Roger.

If a bit of lively discussion has stimulated interest in the Championship, that can only be a good thing. But let's be fair here, a great deal more credit is due to your recent years of consistent hard work, and to those of your predecessors over nearly 30 years. Not forgetting Neil Revington's dedicated support for more years than I can remember.

Let's hope that more TR enthusiasts will make the effort to support the Championship. Event organisers may make an admission charge, but it's not usually that much for an entertaining day out. And if we each managed to attend even one event per year as spectators, that would be one heck of a morale booster for Triumph competitors and for the Championship.

Keep up the good work !!

Cheers,

Alec

Guest Wayne S

I shall make my annual pilgrimage to the Harewood Hillclimb again in May. There arent as many TRs there as its "oooop north" but a great venue. I think im charged £8 entry but its worth EVERY penny.

They have the full hillclimb championship single seaters alongside westfileds , TVRs and our TRs all on track and if the racings not exciting enough you can lay back on the grass bank with a beer and watch the Red Kites soaring across the dales.... nice.