Tulip Rallye 2008

There are now about 7 TRs entered in the 2008 edition of the famous Tulip Rally. This will be my 5th tulip and as far as continental competitive road rallies go this is far and away the most enjoyable and value for money that Ive done,including 9 monte carlo challenges and 8 Classic marathons..

Anybody else fancy a go? Not too late to enter.

www.tulpenrallye.nl

Hi, Belgian TR-Register member Pascal Quirijnen is taking part with the famous and well known OVC276, taking the car back to its real roots!

regards, rudi

Hello Alan,

Will meet you for sure during the rally or at the start. There will be 2 works TR2 in this years tulip, PKV698 of Neil Fender and OVC276, both the only surviving (we do think so) of the original 5 who have participated in 1955.

Will you go to the race retro in Stoneleigh? I think to be there on saturday.

Regards

Pascal

Hello Alan,

Will meet you for sure during the rally or at the start. There will be 2 works TR2 in this years tulip, PKV698 of Neil Fender and OVC276, both the only surviving (we do think so) of the original 5 who have participated in 1955.

Will you go to the race retro in Stoneleigh? I think to be there on saturday.

Regards

Pascal

hi Pascal

Good to hear from you.

I wont be at stoneleigh (still too much to do on the car ! ) but I look forward to meeting you all. For us this will be my 4th Tulip and Alex's 3rd. Last year we used a Triumph Herald and managed to do pretty well,this year we will have more power but with all the navigation maybe we wont need it. Have you guys done the Tulip before?

we have got all our accommodation sorted out now and the route looks like it goes some nice places so i am really looking forward to it.

I think you and the Fenders car must appear on the old rally videos of the Triumph Factory ,I will have to watch them again before the start to get myself in the groove!

Keep in touch

Alan

hello Alan,

I have not done the tulip before, my navigator has. As driving an historical car with drums still in its original lay out, braking is not the best issue. So are aim is to keep the car untouched passing the finishline. So we won't be in your way. We are both starting in the touring categorie as the cars have to stay in one piece.

We have also our hotels sorted out and it looks good.

OVC is quite regurlay in the picture on the films of the Triumph publicity.

See you in may.

Regards

Pascal