engine numbers

Hi gentlemen

need some help engine numbers, in my egerness to buy the recon engine from rimers I might have baught the wrong engine, in the advert it revers to engines up to cp500000 my engine no is cp524610 the car is a 1971 150 break horse power

have i droped a b

pinky

Hi Pinky

The early crankshafts, up to CP500000, used until about 1970 were the long back type, which must have a long tubular bronze spigot bush that slides into the rear of the crank.

The later, from CP500000, had a heavier flywheel and a short backed spigot bush that sits inside the flywheel.

You have got to ensure that you have the correct mating parts.

Hope that helps.

Laurie

Edited by Laurie
Hi Pinky

The early crankshafts, up to CP500000, used until about 1970 were the long back type, which must have a long tubular bronze spigot bush that slides into the rear of the crank.

The later, from CP500000, had a heavier flywheel and a short backed spigot bush that sits inside the flywheel.

You have got to ensure that you have the correct mating parts.

Hope that helps.

Laurie

thanks for the reply laurie douse this mean the engine is not compatible with the gearbox

pinky

Hi Pinky

I don't think you will have a problem with the box and that engine seemed a good buy. The gearboxes had prefixes of CC CD and CF and all sorts of combinations are found and bear little or no resemblence to comission nos. You will find the no. on the lower left corner of the bellhousing.

I think it's only if you have to fit your original flywheel that there will be compatibility problems, otherwise should be OK. Suggest to be sure though that, armed with engine no and gearbox no, you have a quick word with the likes of TRGB or trusted engine builder.

At least with your new eyes you'll be able to read the engine Nos which is more than I can do these days :lol: .

All the best

laurie

Edited by Laurie