Windscreen and frame How to remove Help

Hi All,

a little help needed as I can't use my TR manual on disc PC Problems. How easy or difficult as the case may be to remove the windscreen and frame. I am currently pulling my car down ready for repaint. So far Touch wood its coming apart with ease but I'm not sure how to remove the screen and frame.

Time is running out as I need to pass the car to the paint shop so any help you can offer would be great

Thanks

Hi Tinman.

Check out the thread under windscreen/scuttle seal!

Its not a difficult job! Bit fiddly maybe!

When all nuts and bolts are undone,its a matter of easing it up a bit at each side,making sure you dont pull up the dashtop vynil that sits under it,I used an old plastic ruler to gently seperate the seal from the dash area as it came up.

If you intend to replace the windscreen to frame rubber seal! then you can cut it out and easily remove the screen before you take the frame off!

Dave

Edited by PILKIE

Mine was a pig to get out I ended up using a flat pick axe under the screen surround to lever it out!!! Probably not the best way and I wouldn't recommend this method but I got away with it but then I was doing a MAJOR rebuild so it didn't matter if I did any damage. I would recommend removing the screen first to avoid the risk of breaking it.