Sourcing and fitting a good radio antenna

I have a LHD TR4a, which I have owned since 1982 and brought into the UK from the US. The car has a radio mast installed on the passenger side front (just off the right hand side wing, next to the glass). It cannot retract fully due to the wheel well. I have been told to relocate it, but I have an existing hole there and, frankly, I like it forward. However, it is also quite dull. Does anyone know where one can purchase either a chrome plated, or shiny stainless antenna? And, are there any available of lower height (not as long) that might collapse into the space the current one occupies?

Thoughts welcome

I am not sure about a UK source, but antennas like the one shown in this U.S. ebay link are quite common:

Antenna

My guess is it would be fairly inexpensive even with shipping to the UK.

I assume your antenna is behind the baffle plate? If so, I think something like this would work. For some reason, mine was located aft near the gas tank.

Regards,

Randy

Thanks. I am trying to get the length closer to 5" deep inside even if it means a wider base and more (although shorter) number of shafts. The current antenna sits about 5" above the fender fully retracted. That's my main problem. However, I'll re-measure again.