leaking metering unit

Hi all, just got my new leads and new sports coil fitted so was expecting my 6 to run better. Oh yea; I now have fuel dripping out from the leak monitor hole near the pedestal, I think it the dry side so I assume there is a diaphragm there which has perished. I should know cos I rebuilt my metering unit in the 90s but I have trouble remembering last week. Ken Mills sold me all the parts and he calibrated it on his rig. What a gentle man and he is the man on PI systems. Does anyone know what parts I'll need and where I can get them? Anyone had the same problem? Cheers

If I am reading you right you mean the small hole on the pedastle near the metering unit flange . If so when you remove the metering unit and the small red plastic drive dog there are 2 seals which go round the drive shaft from the dizzy end . 1 is to stop engine oil getting to the M.U. so if it braeks the weep hole leaks oil . the other is what I believe has perished on yours and stops fuel getting to the sump . Its like a double seal with a void and exit point in the middle . Its easiest to remove the pedastle to change the seals . I think prestige sell them at about £8 each . They are a fiddle to seat correctly but I would recommend changing both at once .( as sods law dictates the other will go shortly if not changed .)

If I am reading you right you mean the small hole on the pedastle near the metering unit flange . If so when you remove the metering unit and the small red plastic drive dog there are 2 seals which go round the drive shaft from the dizzy end . 1 is to stop engine oil getting to the M.U. so if it braeks the weep hole leaks oil . the other is what I believe has perished on yours and stops fuel getting to the sump . Its like a double seal with a void and exit point in the middle . Its easiest to remove the pedastle to change the seals . I think prestige sell them at about £8 each . They are a fiddle to seat correctly but I would recommend changing both at once .( as sods law dictates the other will go shortly if not changed .)

wow that was quick thanks very much I'll investigate tomorrow.

You were spot on thanks. I just have to buy the seals,wonder should I change all the rubber bits in the metering unit now it's off. regards ken