Signal Red is available in aerosols from Halfords as a Rover colour. I bought a can and also a can of Ford Radiant Red as samples. I sprayed them onto my TR4's original Signal Red and saw very little difference between all three. That led me to order 10 litres of the Ford colour, in cellulose, from ebay at half the price of them mixing the correct colour, so I could totally respray my car. The attached pic was taken earlier this week. My car is not original, will be used not displayed, and quite frankly I need to keep the costs right down, so this very close shade of red will do me !! It is as it came from the gun and has yet to be compounded.

Edited by Rhodri

Agree with Red6 these old colours are usually available from paint factors, they either still have the formula for mixing it or they can mix it from a sample, our local one can also fill aerosols if you just want a small amount. One word of warning, cellulose paint is like most other things in life, you get what you pay for, don't cheapskate, spraying a car once is enough!

Ron