Distributor cap position

Hello to all. I am new to the register, having recently purchased my first TR6! A 1971 model in good condition but needs using and which I hope to improve over the coming months. I have fitted new Magnecor HT leads and noticed that the no 1 lead on the distributor cap is in about the 12 o'clock position. This made the leads a bit awkward to fit, particularly no 3 as it was stretched tight. The picture that came with the leads shows no 1 in about the 6 o'clock position, the same as many TR6 underbonnet images that I have seen. I have spent some time looking through the forum posts but could not find a specific solution. Any thoughts as to how I could rotate the cap to this location would be very welcome. Sorry about the rambling, I have to get used to this. Many thanks for an excellent and enjoyable forum.

Rob

I think that you have to relocate the position of the distributor driven gear (bronze gear under the distributor shaft). It is not very simple,

the ignition timing has to be set after doing this and the bronze gear can be difficult to lower home fully.

I think that you have to relocate the position of the distributor driven gear (bronze gear under the distributor shaft). It is not very simple,

the ignition timing has to be set after doing this and the bronze gear can be difficult to lower home fully.

Thanks for the info. sounds very tricky! Some more research I guess. Rob.

Rob

I had similar problem with Lumenition leads earlier this year here is the link to the posts http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index....=ignition+leads

Best regards

Bill

PS Welcome to the forum!

Many thanks Bill, this link has given me more to think about and perhaps resolve the problem, probably a longer no.3 lead!

Regards Rob