One less works car

Hi Chris,

Slight misinterpretation here . . . Bert had a spectacular scenic excursion in San Remo, but in OOM (the ex-Lampinen car) and not in JJO (the ex-Pond car).

OOM is undergoing a substantial rebuild, to original specification of course, the usual Bert principle of don't replace original components that can be repaired or refurbished. That new replacements might be easier and/or cheaper doesn't enter the equation. When it comes to competition TRs, I doubt that there is anyone as fanatical about originality as Bert !! So no, it's not quite "one less works car" - but it might have been, in the hands of a less passionate owner/driver.

JJO is this weekend out playing in the Rallye du Bethunois. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile the Le Mans car is slowly but surely coming together.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Alec

So who owns TUD 683T and TUD 686T I thought this was Berts car

Chris

Alec's right.

OOM is being repaired but is also going to have a complete rebuild/restoration. It only had a paintjob when I bought it some years ago. It's being prepared for next years FIA European Tamac Championship.

And JJO was in fact TUD683T winning the Manx and Ypres in 1980. BL Motorsport didn't have the money for a new car as did Ford and FIAT so they changed the reg nr to fool the press and publc.

I was in action this weekend in Bethune/France with JJO. A black weekend. The leading car went into the public killing a 5-year old boy.

We had to retire when lying 2nd with a broken trailing arm.

Bert