Fender Liners

Has anyone used plastic or fibreglass fender liners on their 6? What type and source? They seem like a good idea to reduce gravel rash and general underbody damage but I'm not sure how effective they are or how well they fit.

Mark

70 Damson TR6 PI

Hi Mark,

When you say fender liners do you mean the plastic wheel arch protectors. If you do, and they are the sort which are supplied here in the UK by the likes of Revington etc, then I can say that the one person I personally know who has them fitted claims that they are superb and work a treat, but you must be sure to fit them corrected as stated " flush " that is. They can simply be removed to enable you to check behind and clean out, although this shouldn't be necessary. :rolleyes:

Thanks Richard.

These sound like the way to go and I'll gladly accept the need to periodically remove and check against the constant gravel rash and assorted crud that builds up at present. If it's good enough for modern cars it has to be even better for an oldie!

Mark

just ordered and received them from Rimmer Bros, thought it was a good idea to save the car in case off muddy round, rain or the combination occaisionally. Have not found the time to install them, but the manual says they need to be "fixed" with rivets etc. There is a rubber liner included to fit between the fender and the body. Not sure how to install them "flush". any info on that available anywhere?