I need to do the rear off side wheel bearing and wonderd whilst doing it, is it worth upgrading or doing anything else with the hub or drive shaft? I will also do the other side as this has covered the same miles and is just as old. I will do the brakes whilst the drums are off just as a matter of good maintainence. I am also considering fitting alifin drums, has anybody got any views on how effective these are?

Also a thought, if anybody has any new hub / driveshaft assemblies that they want to move let me know.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have a pair of hubs that were allegedly rebuilt about 10 years ago and have been unused since. I cannot I am afraid guarantee this just what I was told when I got the car (now sold) They do look pretty newish. Unless you have the correct CHurchill tool I do not think it wise to try and dismantle the rear hub, Many will disagree but search the forum for opinions.

Pm me if you are interested

Cheers

Hi Geoff,

I have a pair of hubs that were allegedly rebuilt about 10 years ago and have been unused since. I cannot I am afraid guarantee this just what I was told when I got the car (now sold) They do look pretty newish. Unless you have the correct CHurchill tool I do not think it wise to try and dismantle the rear hub, Many will disagree but search the forum for opinions.

Pm me if you are interested

Cheers

Ian, I have sent a pm. I have searched forum and mixed views. from what I can read it seams to suggest that doing the inner bearing is a problem.

Geoff