I posted a lumpy engine topic on the forum a couple of weeks ago. After kind help the engine is now running better but is still not quite right, whilst checking the spark plugs/injectors etc I have a question. Should the injectors be free to spin when fitted, four dont and two will turn under finger pressure. This is especially so fo no 5 which seems to be the only one that hasnt been renewed. I am wondering if they should spin and if maybe the seals have gone on these and is adding to my problem?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

No reason why they need to spin. In fact there needs to be a decent seal between injector & throttle body (there's an 'O' ring for that purpose). All mine can be rotated by hand, but I wouldn't say they 'spin freely'. In your case, I'd suggest it's more likely the ones that do move are a problem!

Cheers,

John