Ignition HELP

Does anyone know where I can get spare parts for my TR250 somewhere in the area of Midhurts, Sussex. I have a faulty Pertronix ignition and had to be recovered by the AA. Even the classic point parts would do me fine. Maybe some tips on a company that would do a 24h delivery.

Currently staying (B&B) in the area of Midhurst.

Thx, Frits.

Frits,

Rimmer http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/rimmer?tr4/tr4indx and

Moss http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/

both can do a 24 hour delivery. Order by phone or on the web.

Presume you checked out the usual bits eg. rotor, leads, cap coil etc., before you concluded it is the igniotor.

I had an ignition fault which turned out to be a combination of a specific rotor and cap although every part checked individually..!!

Then I proved another fault to my lumenition system.

What bits do you need specifically ? do you know ?

I am in NW Kent - not a long way from you.

Regards

Tony. C

Tony,

Thanks for your help. Just got back from town after collecting some parts from a scrapyard. Changed the coil, put in the points and condensater. It runs again now. We can continue our journey back to Calais. It's been wonderfull the past few days with good weather down south. To bad we couldn't get to Malvern.

Thanks again.

PS: I did call Moss and their advise was to got back to classic point parts.

Hi Tony, thanks for your PM. I reply'ed but don't know if you received the message. Anyway, managed to get the car into France after all the problems in the UK and got stuck somewhere near Duinkerken (FR) near the Belgium border on the E16 to Oostende. I think it has a faulty condensator now. If the points are closed and I open them manually with the ingition on I see a spark witch according to the TR manual indicates a faulty condensator. Started to get very depressed after 3 days of trouble. Got a rental car and ordered the Dutch ANWB to transport the car to the Netherlands.

I see in the forum that you had some ingnition problems to and you will prob go to the pertronix. Mine blew up in the UK and I think it was caused because the ignition was left on for a short time. I am currently looking at the the new 123ignition system from www.britishsportscars.nl in the Netherlands. They can build it into your old housing with the tacho function. Cost 150 pounds.

Regards,

Frits.