Ross Traders Rally

Hi

After spending 16 hours on the Motorway between Fleet and Malvern with BST82B on the back of a trailer, I finally managed to get off the M5 and made it through to scrutineering at Ross on Wye at 9am, just in time to collect John Kiff, maps and roadbook and start the rally ....... didnt make it to Malvern the night before needless to say. Tony Browne was with me in 3VC and we had an unpleasant night together (couldnt open the beer that was in the back of my SAAB Estate!) cracking bad taste jokes ........

Anyway ..... very wet rally, the organisers did a simply awesome job in running it in any form but it was fun and we came 3rd overall, 2nd in class. I believe there will be some pictures around ....... and I remember fording the car up to the wing vents towards someone with a camera who moved very quickly when they realised that I had no intention of backing off as I came towards them ! ..... so that will be fun to see.

David's Barker and Kileen made it too and were going well until they missed a route amendment (there were a lot yesterday to avoid the really serious floods) but finished safely and well.

Hoping to do the Cloverleaf on August 12th somewhere up in Cambridge .....with lots of fast airfield tests .....what joy!

Regards

Tony