Help for refurbishing sidecurtains.

Hello.

I am toying with the idea of completely refurbishing by myself the sidecurtains for a TR3A, starting from the frame. I know that some recovering kits can be obtained at an interesting price, but I am sure that the work from scratch is not so difficult at all, and besides saving some money, I want to learn another skill more. For that purpose I will ask a shoemaker for some help sewing the vinyl, but basically, I want to manage the project in all the stages. I have already located most of the material that I would use.

I guess that the most difficult task will be to deal with the window itself, wrapping with vinyl the frame around the windows and getting the window ‘glasses’ in the frame, and making them sliding smoothly in the felt channels.

The first thing I would need now is an original sidecurtain to copy, since my sidecurtains are in a sorry condition and not valid as a model. During the last months I have gathered several photos of all sort of TR sidecurtains, but I fear that I wouldn’t find two of them identical, given the different original types and their later variations.

Here is where I would need your help, sending some photos with details of the sidecurtains for a 1959 TR3A, or with whatever experience you have on that subject.

Several points I am intrigued about are:

- How is the vinyl sewn around the window frame?

- Is the sidecurtain vinyl out of one single piece? Or is the ‘skirt’ on the door is one piece, and the wrapping around the frame another one?

- Photos with details of the above?

- Do the ‘skirts’ have some beading to seal better against the door or the rear quarter panel?

I will welcome your inputs. Thanks in advance for them.

Jesus

1959 TR3A