Door Catches

I found that the door catches I have fitted are worn slightly and as such are affecting tight door closure. As NOS replacements are no longer available has anyone used alternative new versions from other Triumph / BL models ?

Mike

I found that the door catches I have fitted are worn slightly and as such are affecting tight door closure. As NOS replacements are no longer available has anyone used alternative new versions from other Triumph / BL models ?

Mike

Mike I take it you mean the B post catch plates, I was under the impression that they are still available new. Try TR Shop on 02089956621 and talk to Lukas.

Stuart.

Unless the situation has changed in the last few years, I also believed they were still available! I’m still running on my original B post plates & catches though which I striped, overhauled & had re-plated to go back onto the restored car. They work perfectly, are you sure it’s not a question of adjustment or some other problem? If worse comes to worse, there should be plenty of second hand catches & B post plates around you could use as a basis for refurbishment; I think they were also common (with maybe slight variations on the actuating plate) accross a number of the other Triumph models.

Unless the situation has changed in the last few years, I also believed they were still available! I’m still running on my original B post plates & catches though which I striped, overhauled & had re-plated to go back onto the restored car. They work perfectly, are you sure it’s not a question of adjustment or some other problem? If worse comes to worse, there should be plenty of second hand catches & B post plates around you could use as a basis for refurbishment; I think they were also common (with maybe slight variations on the actuating plate) accross a number of the other Triumph models.

Thanks for comments, it is the door catches as opposed to the striker plates on the B posts.

Mike

Thanks for comments, it is the door catches as opposed to the striker plates on the B posts.

Mike

You can refurbish these as I did; you have drill out the rivets to get at the guts but after dismantling, I had the empty case re-plated. Once I’d refurbished the internals, I used blind, steel, Zink plated pop rivets (can’t remember the exact size) to hold it all together again; you'd be hard pushed to notice as the heads look just like the originals.