Alec Pringle very kindly came to look at my Costello the other day to advise on my V8 running probs

(He LUVVVVVVVED the Exhaust tail pipe!!!!) and said it was from a Chav M :( obile (Can't find that make in Glass's Guide) Seriously folks, the car runs OK but is very rough at low end, The timing is set at 20dgrs BTDC and will not run at a lower setting. The engine is a high comp 74 on HS6 carbs and is set to 4.6 co. Before I hand it to Sigma for a full r/r test can any TR8 users point me in the right direction

Thanks

Rob

20 Deg is miles out. Set the dizzy to 0Deg then make sure all the plug lead are in as per the Rover Manual & are lying correctly. I suspect if you retard the dizzy from where you are you are too far from the correct HT outlet on the cap. Bare in mind you only have 360/8=45 Degrees between each lead.