Ignition switch removal.

Hi all,

problem with ignition switch on TR6 .It is appears to be the LUCAS style one with the electrical terminals on the back of the switch ( not the waso style with wires coming out the back and going to a connector block) but I cannot see any grub screws,holes or slots in the casing to allow the switch to be removed and refit a new one.How does it come out ?or do I have to buy a whole new steering lock/switch unit.

regards Pennydog.

Hi all,

problem with ignition switch on TR6 .It is appears to be the LUCAS style one with the electrical terminals on the back of the switch ( not the waso style with wires coming out the back and going to a connector block) but I cannot see any grub screws,holes or slots in the casing to allow the switch to be removed and refit a new one.How does it come out ?or do I have to buy a whole new steering lock/switch unit.

regards Pennydog.

Hi; Recent investigations has mine like your own and without a threaded hole apparent for a set screw. The ignition switch seemed to be held in contact with the key/lock mechanism by the boot. For belt and braces I fitted a hose clip!!

Best of luck

Rog :)

Hi; Recent investigations has mine like your own and without a threaded hole apparent for a set screw. The ignition switch seemed to be held in contact with the key/lock mechanism by the boot. For belt and braces I fitted a hose clip!!

Best of luck

Rog :)

Hi Rog,

what do you mean by the boot ? Do i have to turn the key to remove the electrical terminal part where the wires go at the back of the ignition key barrel.

regards Pennydog.

Hi Rog,

what do you mean by the boot ? Do i have to turn the key to remove the electrical terminal part where the wires go at the back of the ignition key barrel.

regards Pennydog.

Sorry for the confusion;

On mine there is an insulated sleeve (actually called a plastic cover on 86.65.02 in the repairs operation manual) through which the loom and connectors pass; the large diameter end fits over the circumference of the ignition switch and onto the lock mechanism. Its around that that I've fitted a hose clip.

Hope that helps and again, sorry for the confusion and late response.

Best of luck :)

Rog