TR3A 50th Anniversary Celebrations at Malvern?

Hello fellow Sidescreeners

The TR3A celebrates its 50th year this year, and I just wondered whether the Register is marking the occasion at Malvern?

The International flyer on the main webpage includes this information on the strapline, but sadly only the TR5 and TR250 bonnet badges appears detailing their 40th Anniversary and the 3A Anniversary seems to have taken second place and slipped down the ranking.

I know that Peter Moffatt and the Register has been organising the TR5/250 Marque Day at Malvern for some time now and I’m really looking forward to seeing the massed gathering, but is anything being done for the 3A in the same way or have I missed something on either the Forum or in TRaction?

Cheers

Andrew

Hello fellow Sidescreeners and 3A owners in particular

Please see reply from/to Chris Cunnington, I will update the you when more is known:

Cheers

Andrew

From: office@tr-register.co.uk [mailto:office@tr-register.co.uk]

Sent: 17 May 2007 13:46

To: Andrew Smith

Subject: Re: TR3A 50th Anniversary Celebrations at Malvern?

Dear Andrew,

You are right we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the TR3A and it is included in the IWE activities. As the numbers of TR5/TR250 are very much lower than most of the other models we have given more publicity to them. I am sure there will be many 3A owners who will be there as a matter of course and will willingly come forward to the arena when called, over the two days to give a good showing........ but if someone wanted to take up their case........and pump the numbers..... they would be welcome!

Best regards,

Chris Cunnington

General Manager

TR Register,

Tel: +44 (0)1235 818866 Fax: +44 (0)1235 818867

My e-mail address: office@tr-register.co.uk

Send Copy for TR Action: magazine@tr-register.co.uk

Club website: www.tr-register.co.uk

Sent: 17 May 2007 13:56

To: 'office@tr-register.co.uk'

Cc: 'm_ellis@onetel.net.uk'

Subject: RE: TR3A 50th Anniversary Celebrations at Malvern?

Hi Chris

I’m happy to accept the task and I will give Mike Ellis a ring over the weekend (he only lives a few miles away) to check if he’s got it covered and if he hasn’t then he’s happy for me to crack on or assist where I can.

Is there any budget for signs, banners etc?

Regards

Andrew

Well done Mr Nettlegrasper. All being well, I plan to be at the International all weekend so if you or Mike need a general dogsbody to assist with anything for a couple of hours over the weekend I'm happy to try and help.

It would be good to see if the oldest and youngest known surviving TR3as in UK/Europe were able to attend. I dare say Mike knows which cars these are.

Regards

Trevor.