Hi Salmo.

Had the same problem but on the drivers side see the following Rimmer Page.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/triumph...sh#Sun%20Visors

And click sunvisors

I actually found if you bend the bar slightly it increases the friction in the actual visor, if that makes sense. I do agree that they are a pain

Regards

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
I have a drooping passenger side sun-visor on my car; any ideas on how to stiffen the thing up? it is only a small problem but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Cheers Guy, Rimmer Bros website is really good, I will try the remedies suggested.

Regards, Tim

Salmo,

I replaced my sun visors onto the old frame but with the soft top off they kept flopping down. I think it has something to do with lack of grip from the rubber mounting, so what I have now done is to use some pieces of black Velcro on the visor and the chrome capping, and viola! they don't fall down anymore. Mind you this is only a stop gap remedy.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

There is one more thing you can try.. its a really good fix but beware!

On the sun-visors I have, the sun visor rod fits into a metal tube inside the visor.

I took a set of vise grips and squeeze the metal tube inside the sun-visor from the outside.

The reduced diameter (slight crushing) of the inner tube provided more than enough friction to stop the visors from

ever drooping again!!

Only two cautions when using this method:

1) Be careful that the jaws of the vice grips don't damaging the plastic visor. I covered the contact points of the jaws with some pieces of leather from an old belt before I started applying pressure to the inner tube. It worked great...no damage to the surface of the visor and one "adjusted" tube diameter!!!

2) With the reduced diameter, fitting the rod back into the tube will require a bit more effort. Don't go over board "crushing" the inner tube! You want the tube less round - not flat!!!

I used this "fix" a year ago and have not have a problem with drooping visors ever again!

Good Luck

Tracer