Distributor Doctor works wonders.

Following recent publicity, I decided to try the services of Martin Jay, Distributor Doc. So far as I am aware, my 3 has muffled on for the past 30-odd years, undergoing 2 body rebuilds and 3 engine rebuilds, but never having any attention to the distributor.

I was about to remove this component, but then, from under the stairs, I unearthed a seriously grotty DM 2 distributor which I believe came from my Morris Minor. Gave Martin the serial number and he confirmed its humbler origins - and suggested I send it to him for the make-over, since the advance mechanism of this "25D" is more modern. He turned the job around in 10 days and it arrived back yesterday, sparkling and replete with everything new. He's also matched it to the power curve of my car's Triumphtune Fast Road cam. I feel almost that I should exhibit it on the mantlepiece as my latest living sculpture, but actually it should be on the TR this weekend.

An impressive job from Martin; I'll report on any performance benefit once it's sparking the car...

Tim.

Tim, Thanks for this. I was thinking of using him too as I had gained a favourable impression from what I had read so far. Do you mind giving an indication of what it cost?

Trevor.

Trevor I can vouch for the quality of Martins work as I had one from him a couple of months ago made to order in about a week and with a printout of the advance curve. A very nice bit of kit. Just fit new leads and away you go. I wouldnt go anywhere else now. Give him a ring and discuss your needs. "Distributor doctor" 01398361678.

Stuart