This is what the garage has said, which I find strange as new oil and filter only 1000miles ago:
We have checked your TR6.
What we have done;
* taken off the valve cover, tere was oil at the rockers..
* take off the sump, found no metal parts ,
* checked the oil pump and driveshaft, all OK,
* checked the main bearings shells , all OK.
* replaced the oil filter
* filled up with new oil (20W/50)
Now we have good oil pressure.
So if must have been the oil-filter that caused it..?
Running the engine we did not see sufficient amount of oil for the lubrication of all the rockers (shaft),
The 3rd cilinder / piston / bearing has ceased and is making a noise (under combustion-pressure)
This is why I think that i would not be a good idea to drive back to UK.
It will create more damage in the engine.
Advise: “Engine overhaul”.