unusal PI leak?

Hi guys

Im abit stumped, my Spit6PI has got an annoying fuel leak after a few months in the garage. it appears to be coming from between the housing and the inlet union which you can see in the pic below:

37230_476718279408_508569408_6228595_2824542_n.jpg

now Iv tried tightening it up and makes no difference, it was recondition only a couple of years ago and I'v barely done a thousand miles since. now how is that union actualy fixed in? iv dried undoing it to try and take a look and it does loosen off but then just spins and doesnt really undo or anything?

so annoying as iv never had a problem since owning it with the PI and i want to go and enjoy the sunshine!

any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Hi Jony,

Have a look at photo below, which shows what the body looks like of the Mu when the inlet union is unscrewed.

DSC04468.jpg

You will see a black bit of rubber thats the bung seal. The nose of the inlet union fits into this.

So i think you problem in removing the inlet is just that the nose is still inserted. Try gently to pull

the union out.

The actual leak could be the rubber seal that fits on the underside of the union to the Mu body.

Have alook at this for further info.

http://www.lucasinjection.com/Triumph%202.5%20page%203.htm

Cheers

Guy