TR6 Engine number quesiton

I have a question about my TR6 engine number. It is: CC25007HE

I am by no means an expert on these numbers, but there are a couple of things that seem confusing.

First is the number: 25007 It appears that the engine numbers roughly - though not exactly - correspond with the commission numbers. If 25007 was a commission number, I think it would be a VERY early car... like the #7 TR6 ever produced. Does that mean my engine is a VERY early engine?

Also, the number starts with CC, and ends in HE. If I understand correctly, CC means it was a carburated engine. HE means it was a high compression engine, which implies a fuel injected motor for a market outside the united states. What gives? I haven't come across a CC-HE engine before; but that doesn't mean they are uncommon... but are they? Could/would this have something to do with the engine number and early production?

The engine is currently in the US, in a (my) 1974 TR6. Commission #CF15425U.

Thanks-

Ryan Border.

post-14121-0-50199800-1463446020_thumb.jpg

Ryan,

Your engine was originally fitted to a 1969 TR6, CC25064LO, when built by the factory. All 1969 TR6 engines had an HE suffix both PI and carb however whilst HE would appear to designate a high compression engine that wasn't the case for the CC....HE engines which had a compression ratio of 8.5:1 compared with the CP....HE engines which were 9.5:1. The factory did drop the compression ration on later CC engines to 7.75:1.

cheers

Derek

Ryan,

Your engine was originally fitted to a 1969 TR6, CC25064LO, when built by the factory. All 1969 TR6 engines had an HE suffix both PI and carb however whilst HE would appear to designate a high compression engine that wasn't the case for the CC....HE engines which had a compression ratio of 8.5:1 compared with the CP....HE engines which were 9.5:1. The factory did drop the compression ration on later CC engines to 7.75:1.

cheers

Derek

Thank you so much for the info Derek !