Identifying main/big end bearings

Hi all

I have removed the main and big end shells from my TR6 crankshaft

Does anyone know how to tell if they are standard size or over size?

The markings are Mains - 149082 and 5106

Big ends - 149081 and 5105

Milage 66k and i dont think it has had any work in this area previously but need to check

It dosnt need a regrind so i just need to fit new shells

By the way whats the views on County shells?

Thanks

Tony

The part numbers are OE Triumph nos so they are genuine shells.

As there is an absence of 010 or 020 or 030 or 040 stamped on the shell I think it is a good chance those are standard sized shells.

I would await a second opinion before buying shells and/or measure the journal to be sure you get the right size.

What other shells are commercially available? Ask the race engine builders like Racetorations. link http://www.racetorations.co.uk/index.html As always you get what you pay for.

Cheers

Peter W

There are a few NOS VP2 std shells knocking about - especially mains, most people can't use them due to regrinds although a significant number got consumed by all the new cranks knocking about a few years back.

If your in no hurry its worth checking with the usual suspects VP2 are by far the best material