Hi all, just logged into the website and thought I would introduce myself... Tucka

As always there is always a reason for doing something, my reason, as this is one of the better sites I have seen for Triumphs and as I was a member of the register (some time ago that is) I thought it would be the best site to seek the advice I need.

I have two Triumphs, which I have owned for some time, unfortunatley due to circumstances my Triumphs have not seen much use, it is with this in mind that I am thinking of letting them go, so here it is, could anyone advise values?

In brief the cars are as follows:

Y Reg, Beige 2.0litre DHC, tan interior, mohair hood, low mileage (32k genuine), one previous owner (BL Manager) and myself. I have owned the car since it was 9 months old, over 23 years. In that time she has been well looked after, and over the past 13 years she has been in storage. Generally the car is in very good order, however, the dreaded tin worm has found the front wheel arches... other than this minor cosmetic issue and the mohair hood the car is original and as can be expected in very good order.

The other:

X Reg, Red 3.5litre DHC, blue velour interior, US spec bumpers, low mileage (66k), the car was converted by a mechanic from James Paddock (Chester) back in 1992, the car was a ground up restoration and was completed to a high spec, the obligatory uprated brakes and suspension, along with a low mileage donor engine, fitted with offy manifold and holly carb. The car has covered about 4k since its rebirth and again has been in storage for about the last ten years, there are no signs of rust on her, although on the downside she does need a new hood.

These cars do really need to be used, as I have a young family now and as such very limited time, I would therefore like to sell them, I am looking to bring them to some shows later this year, could anyone advise dates and locations in the North West.

I also have a Lenham hard top which is in need of some refurbishment (headlining needs replacing), and an OE pvc hood (which would best be suited to the V8 as the hood is a bit tatty).

I look forward to any assistance in obtaining valuations and show details.

Tucka

Edited by tucka

Welcome to RedRose country

wwwredrosetrs.co.uk

Click on the calendar link which details 2 Tatton park and Woodvale shows

Manvers Triumph have just put a very low mileage 7 on ebay (24 bidders and £3800 already but not upto their reserve) and it for sale on their website

Tucka,

Might be worth rejoining so you can then get Free Advertising in the TR Register or try the web site www.triumphtr7.com which is free to advertise etc.

The rust free V8 car stands the best price but suggest you change the hood ready for sale. I am not too far away if you required some help near crewe.

Ebay can be used but generally ends up with a low prices etc.

S + S preparations would be worth a visit if only to check out a trade offers on the your cars.

Jim Johnson :huh:

Welcome to RedRose country

www.redrosetrs.co.uk

Click on the calendar link which details 2 Tatton park and Woodvale shows

Manvers Triumph have just put a very low mileage 7 on ebay (24 bidders and £3800 already but not upto their reserve) and it for sale on their website

Jemgee

Thanks for the information, I was hoping to have the cars ready and prepped for the March/April time. I am not sure on whether or not to have the cosmetic work completed on the beige TR7 as it is original (apart from the mohair hood), any advice would be appreciated.

I will keep an eye on the Manvers Car but £4-£5k for the 7 seems reasonable, I think I paid £4500 for it 23 years ago!

Thanks again for the response.

Tucka

Tucka,

Might be worth rejoining so you can then get Free Advertising in the TR Register or try the web site www.triumphtr7.com which is free to advertise etc.

The rust free V8 car stands the best price but suggest you change the hood ready for sale. I am not too far away if you required some help near crewe.

Ebay can be used but generally ends up with a low prices etc.

S + S preparations would be worth a visit if only to check out a trade offers on the your cars.

Jim Johnson :huh:

Hi Jim

I will get the cars MoT'd, they have been stored for sometime now, although they have been garaged, covered and put on axle stands.

I will check out the other web site you mentioned but willl also most probably join the register again as I may insure the cars and run them, just to make sure there are no gremlins.

I may take you up on the offer to fit the hood, the only local garage I knew who did such work have since closed, I only ever used the V8 in dry weather so the hood wasn't really an issue, I bought one just in case.

Appreciate the response, many thanks.

Tucka