Front Grill Request

Hi there

Thought I had purchased a new front left hand side grill section for my DHC from ebay

However, the bottom edge on the new one is alot shorter than the broken one it was supposed to replace :(

I can not see any part numbers so wondered if some one could measure the lower ledge.

On the broken one it is also twice the size of the top.

Can someone please confirm which is the correct part

Many Thx

Edited by dulux72
Hi there

Thought I had purchased a new front left hand side grill section for my DHC from ebay

However, the bottom edge on the new one is alot shorter than the broken one it was supposed to replace :(

I can not see any part numbers so wondered if some one could measure the lower ledge.

On the broken one it is also twice the size of the top.

Can someone please confirm which is the correct part

Many Thx

It sounds like you may have the corresponding part for the FHC - I believe they are different.

Kevin

They indeed are different.

The bumper on a DHC is a harmonic type, so it also acts as a dynamic damper for the bodyshell. Therefore it is mounted to the body through flexible mountings. As a result the DHC bumper sits further to the front than on A DHC, needing a deeper front grill.

You'll need front grills WKC3673 (LH)/WKC3674 (RH) for a DHC

You could go back to the ebayer and ask for a refund as incorrect part supplied minus postage, however you may be as well just to stick it back on ebay selling it as for a FHC.

You will probably make your money back as well as getting someone else to pay for the postage.

Bryan