Wood Aftermarket Steering Wheels

I am looking to put a wooden wheel on my non-adjustable column '59 TR3A and want to keep the original control head. I have heard that these wheels will be much closer to the dash rail cap than original. Moss's wheels are flat, TRF does offer Moto-Lita dished. I like the "thick rim" (flat) wheels from Moss but don't want to end up with a "knunckle buster". Do any members have any input on this, do the required adapter hubs take care of this problem or is it not really a problem at all? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Take a look at macysgarage.com. Very useful information about wood rim steering wheels (button 'tech talk').

Menno

Thanks for the link, very useful info.

I checked out the web site before which is what had prompted my posting in the first place. When I spoke with one of the techs at Moss he said they had never had a complaint about this problem with their wheels and said the distance is picked up in the hub. Has anyone out there put a wood wheel and hub from Moss on their TR3? Did the distance change as much as is show in the macy's garage website?

Thanks...........Ron