Carb choice

Strombergs or SU what do you recommend? I currently run SU carbs but should I change to Strombergs? any suggestions or recommendation

IMHO SU's are easier to tune and to work on. There is also a third ( and probabley a fourth and fifth and so on ) option, Fitting a P.I System to your car. Parts should be cheap and plentiful on your side of the pond. But if the SU's are working fine then there is no need ( other than horsepower ) to change them.

cheers,

Mitch

Stick with SU's, reliable and easily sorted, Pi is expensive and commonplace, Webbers?

I have a new manifold set available for sale.

Why not send your carbs to Andrew Turner (or buy a set from Stoneleigh) or take the whole car to DB carburretors on the Cattle market in Nottingham-mine's there at the moment having the Webbers set up and re-jetted.

Where in Derbyshire are you? I'm in Derby.

Rob

hi i changed my ex us car to SU and it runs fine.up to 36 mpg. i fitted the correct jets needles and springs.

one alteration i did was to make up a new large airbox fed by a large pipe to a free flow air filter.

i dont know how much better it would go with a pi system but reading the forum they can be a lot of bother

and expense compared with su.

IMHO SU's are easier to tune and to work on. There is also a third ( and probabley a fourth and fifth and so on ) option, Fitting a P.I System to your car. Parts should be cheap and plentiful on your side of the pond. But if the SU's are working fine then there is no need ( other than horsepower ) to change them.

cheers,

Mitch

Rob,

I'm in Sandiacre. I will take your advice and take my Carbs to D&B in Notts. I've got a few months to sort the car out before it goes back on the road in April. I really need to get it running sweet as its taking me to Le Mans in June

Thanks for all the advice good luck for the new year