Breather pipe

Hi All

My TR7 seems to be creating a vacuum in its fuel tank. I know there's supposed to be a breather pipe, but from diagrams it looks as if it will be a little tricky to get at to check if it's blocked/damaged. Where exactly is it supposed to be routed, and what is the best way to get to it?

Cheers,

Ally

The breather pipe connects to the fuel filler pipe and the easiest way to get to it is via the access plate in the boot. The tank breaths via the fuel cap, so the most likely problem is this. First thing to do is to check the cap is the vented type (you can get non vented ones, but they are for american cars.) and then if it is working or not.

This probably isn't the cause but just to mention I spent ages trying to fix what felt like vacuum in the tank when it was actually a clogged fuel filter (on a Citroen). Having changed the old one, you tend not to go looking for a second, custom position filter which is causing the problem. Well, not unless you are given the idea by someone else. :lol: