oil pump drive shaft

Guest huon

Perhaps you have to remove the distributor, the gear and the oil pump, and then drift the bush out from beneath. I think it's unusual for this bush to be worn such that replacement is necessary.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I did it but the bush seems to be blocked. Have you any solutions to removed it ?

Just for your information i would change  the bush because i have a to big end float between the distributor pedestral and the ditributor drive gear and i think is because the oil pump drive shaft bush is too worn.

Thanks !

Ronan

I think the bush is an unlikely cause for the end float being too much. Normally shims are needed to get the required end float. If the end float is too much without any shims, perhaps it's easier to have the pedestal machined (on the mating face to the engine block), so that it will reach deeper and add shims if necessary.
The bush is a push fit, it should be possible to remove it with a hammer and a drift. The bush can be ruined if the drift isn't purpose made, with a smaller part that slides in the bush.