TR7 (and Dolly Sprint and Acclaim!): FREE tickets for Vintage at Goodwood!!

Hi all

I've been asked to help source British classic cars for display at the splendid new event on the Goodwood estate, Vintage at Goodwood, on August 13-15. For this event, display cars should be absolutely standard or mildly period-modified, and Goodwood would particularly like a Triumph TR7, a Dolomite Sprint and an Acclaim, to represent the 1970s and 1980s - so I'm hoping you can help us locate a suitable car or three...

Vintage is not strictly a car event - it's a Music Festival + Celebration of British Style, Music, Culture and Design from the 1940s to the 1980s and is the brainchild of leading British designer Wayne Hemingway.

There will be sections set aside for each decade with many big-name artists performing in each, a whole High Street of 'period' shops will be created specially for the event, there will be fashion shows, art, design... take a look at www.vintageatgoodwood.com for the full picture.

For someone keen on the style and atmosphere of the time, it's unmissable and it seems likely it will become as much of a success as the Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting at Goodwood.

We've filled all the slots for the 1940s, 50s and 60s but are still looking for cars along the lines of the shortlist below, which I'm including in case you know owners of other marques that might like to join us (the shortlist is quite flexible, so please be free with suggestions but the emphasis is on mainstream not exotica). Cars should be brought down on the Thursday night to be on display in front of the 1940s/50s/60s/70s/80s areas until Sunday night/Monday morning: in return, Goodwood will provide with each car two tickets for the whole event (normal price £135 each!) and campsite passes. The idea is to park the car in a group of 10-12 outside the entrance for each decade zone and leave it there for the weekend while you go and enjoy the rest of the event, or head home and pick it up later if you prefer. The car will be displayed much as the cars are for the Cartier concours at the Festival of Speed.

I look forward to hearing from you: please email me on MMcKays (at) aol (dot) com.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Malcolm McKay

Tel 07711 901811

Vintage at Goodwood: Cars Shortlist

1970s

Austin Allegro

Austin Maxi

Bond Bug

Ford Transit Mk1

Hillman Avenger

Range Rover