Choke Cable

Guest hodgie

Guest hodgie
Hi guys, how does everyone else fit the universal choke cable to the edelbrock carb? Is there a nifty way of fixing the inner cable to keep things tidy, for exampkle by drilling a larger hole in the choke 'arm' and fixing a TR7 type fixing to it.

From what I've read a lot of people don't bother with the choke on the 4 barrels as a few pumps of the pedal are enough to get a start. In fact a lot of people take the choke plates off of Holleys.

Since I'm just about to finish the final part of my engine build with an Edelbrock I'm curious as well!

Jim

Guest Carlos The Jackal
Mine runs a four-barrel carb with no choke and sits outside in all weathers. Even with six inches of snow on it, it starts fine with two squirts of the pedal before turning the key. Eee, it's grim up North.

My Holley works with choke butterfly connected up to the pull thing.

I know this only because I looked, I never actually use it to start / maintain the engine. Ignition on and let the pump finish, then push the loud pedal down two or three strokes, move the pedal to the right place and turn the key, it fires instantly. Unless there's a problem.

I should remove the pull thing and the butterfly valve, really.

Guest hodgie

I suspected that might be the response! Similarly my motor fires up with a dab of the pedal, but it has only been sat up in the warm, so it would. Sounds like no problems in winter either, so maybe I'll just tie the cable up or remove it.

Thanks once again chaps.