Hand Brake Failing to hold adjustment

My gripe is that after only 3000 miles of use since rebuilding my 4 the ratchet and rack in the hand brake lever have lost their teeth,inadequate heat treatment of the steel and probably low grade steel resulting in poor wear ability.Yes I do know how to use a fly off hand brake and also send the car to my local Morgan dealer for its MOT as they also know how to use it.These parts came from a well known supplier, who will shortly know about lack of quality. I would like some replacements with a reasonable life expectancy, any offers or suggestions please, or I may have to buy some more and send them off for correct heat treatment, but that would also need an accurate steel spec. MARTIN

Hi Martin,

All I can say is that I replaced my ratchet etc about 4 years ago (and I do a lot of miles in my '4'). I bought it from Revington and it is still OK. Hope this is helpful, although, unfortunately, all suppliers seem to have problems with different products at some time or another.

Geoff

Hi Martin, I got my ratchet and pawl from Manvers Triumph in Suffolk. Been on car about 10 years now with no problems. Suspect many suppliers will obtain such items from the same source however, so may be you have been unlucky with a bad batch, unless the situation has deteriorated in the last few years.