Tr7 V8 Historic Classic Rally Car

Help required in obtaining specification details for works  rally cars, in order to ensure that my car meets with the MSA Blue book regs.

I have purchased Rally prepared tr7 v8 but the vehicle has a number of modification to brakes, suspension & fuel system that I do not think meet regs.

Are ther any members that compete in HRCR classic championship with v8 or know where I can obtain written proof of specs.

Guest Raider

Hi Nogin,

I answered a similar question some time ago and have been trying to do some research for you.

if you check out the MSA website you will find that you can buy homologation papers which should sort you out.

the other source of info would be Bill Price's book - The BMC/BL Competition Department along with Graham Robsons "The Works Triumphs".

These will give you evidence of what was done at the time.

You can also contact the HRCR direct of course and ask the question!

I presume you are a competition licence holder - if not you will need to be so again contact the MSA. You will get the famous "blue book" which has more details than you can shake a stick at.

And finally, contact your club's competition secretary for advice.

BTW - I have always wanted a bright red TR7 V8 rally car and would love to enter the Manx rally. I guess it will never happen but there's no harm in dreaming. :)